This salsa recipe is packed with flavor, only takes a few minutes to put together and is great served with a bowl of chips, on top of a grilled piece of fish or in your favorite taco.
- 6 Roma Tomatoes; cored
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper; stem removed
- 1 Serrano Pepper; stem removed
- 3 Garlic Cloves; peeled
- 1 Lime; zest from half and all of the juice
- 1/4 White Onion; diced
- 5 Tablespoons Cilantro; diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Using a blender or food processor puree the Tomatoes until smooth.
- Add Jalapeño, Serrano and Garlic to the machine and pulse until finely minced and incorporated into Tomatoes.
- In a medium saucepan heat Tomato mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes. After simmering move mixture to freezer until well chilled (10-15 minutes.)
- Once mixture is chilled stir in Lime zest and juice, Onion, and Cilantro.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste and serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.