I’ve tried several variations of “Paseo Pork Sandwiches” and finally decided using the Instant Pot yielded the best results, sharing my recipe for this legendary Seattle sandwich.
This Pork Tenderloin is one of our kids favorite proteins, it is easy to prepare and nearly foolproof.
Basics Recipe Series: Description: Love the Instant Pot for so many reasons and use it for a variety of recipes, but it is probably used most often in our home to make rice. The rice comes out perfect every time, there is never any burnt or crunchy rice at the bottom like you can have …
I just began a journey around the world; through food.
Going to cook a recipe from every country/dependent territory in the world.
1st up Tokelau, which was challenging to find a national dish for.
Ota seemed to be the best match. Added lemongrass, Korean chili, mint, garlic and ginger to the typical recipe.
6 servings as an appetizer
- 1/2 lb. Sashimi Grade Tuna, cut into bite sized cubes
- 2 Limes, zested and juiced
- 1 small piece of Lemongrass, harder outer leaves removed, smashed with meat tenderizer or back of knife
- 1 clove Garlic, peeled and grated with a micro plane or finely minced
- 1 inch piece of Ginger, peeled and grated with a micro plane or finely minced
- 1/2 Korean Red Pepper, finely minced (can substitute a jalapeno)
- 1 Japanese Cucumber, quartered and seeded
- 1 medium Tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 large Shallot, finely minced
- Small handful of Mint, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk
- Cut the Tuna into bite size chunks and place in shallow container
- Zest Limes, reserve zest
- Juice Limes and pour juice over tuna, add smashed piece of lemongrass and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Toss Tuna in Lime juice 2 times while marinating to ensure even coverage.
- Grate Garlic
- Grate Ginger
- Finely mince Korean Red Pepper
- Quarter seed and cube Japanese Cucumber
- Seed and dice Tomato
- Finely mince Shallot
- Mince Mint
- Thinly slice Green Onion
- Add a 1/4 cup coconut milk and all remaining ingredients to tuna, season with salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate additional 5 minutes
Serve with Taro or Tortilla Chips